What is a Flexible Denture?
A flexible denture is a partial denture manufactured from a thin thermoplastic like nylon and as it's name suggests it flexes to fit into place in your mouth. Calvin can provide you with a new flexible denture that is both comfortable and natural looking.
How does a Flexible Denture work?
A flexible denture works by flexing around your natural teeth and gums and fits your mouth comfortably and securely.
Advantages of Flexible Dentures
- They don't need denture adhesive or metal clasps to hold the denture in place.
- Flexible dentures are less likely to break.
- Can be made thinner than plastic dentures.
Disadvantages of Flexible Dentures
- Difficult to repair and reline.
- Tooth additions to a flexible denture are rarely possible or successful long term.
- Loss of flexibility over time and they become more rigid.