Light Alloy Dentures
What is a Light Alloy Denture?
We can provide you with natural looking light alloy dentures. This type of denture is partly made from a lightweight alloy called cobalt chrome and partly from gum coloured high quality plastic.
Advantages of a Light Alloy Denture
- Less likely to break than a plastic denture.
- This type of denture can be made thinner, lighter and stronger than a plastic denture.
- Greater retention and stability by using metal clasps to keep your denture in place.
Disadvantages of a Light Alloy Denture
- More expensive than a plastic denture.
- The metal clasps might be visible when you smile.
- Your abutment teeth need to be healthy.